ARTICLES OF FAITH
- We believe in one true and living God, and the trinity of the person in the Godhead: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; and yet not three but one.
Deuteronomy 6:4, Malachi 2:10, I Corinthians 8:6, I John 5:7
- We believe the Old and New Testament are the words of God, and the only rule for faith and practice. We prefer the translation made under the authority of King James to any new translation.
II Timothy 2:16, II Peter 1:20-21
III. We believe the whole human family were created in Adam, their Seminal head, and that all alike in Him by His transgression of the law and all partakers of a sinful nature.
Acts 17:26, Romans 5:12, 18-19
- We believe in the covenant of redemption by the holy trinity and that a definite number of the fallen sons and daughters of Adam were chosen in Christ before the world began and that they shall be Holy and without blame before Him in love.
II Samuel 2:3-6, Psalms 89:28, Hebrews 13:20, Eph. 1:4, John 6:37-41
- We believe that all chosen in Christ shall be called, regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Spirit, and they will all be justified in the sight of God by the righteousness of Christ imputed to them by faith and will be preserved through Grace and never fall finally away.
John 6:4-5, Romans 8:30, II Thessalonians 2:13, John 10:28-29
- We believe that evangelistic faith is the gift of God and good works are the fruit of faith, and justify us in the sight of men and angels as evidence of our gracious state.
VII. We believe that all the spiritual blessings that are essential for the consummation of the eternal salvation of the elect were given them in Christ before the world began and in time bestowed upon them by the virtue of His atonement for them.
Ephesians 1:3, II Timothy 1:19, Romans 5:12
VIII. We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that true believers are the only subjects of baptism, and immersion is the only apostolic mode.
Matthew 19:20, Acts 8:12-37, 39, Romans 6:4
- We believe that washing the Saints feet is a duty enjoined Jesus Christ and should be done in church capacity.
- We believe that no minister has the right to administer the ordinances of the Gospel but one who is regularly baptized and called by God and come under the imposition of the hands of the Presbytery.
Acts 13:2, Hebrews 5:4, Matthew 9:32
- We believe that none but regularly baptized believers have to commune at the Lord’s table.
XII. We believe in the resurrection of the just and unjust and that the vile bodies of the Saints shall be fashioned like the glorious body of Christ and the felicity of the saints and punishment of the wicked shall be everlasting.
John 3:3, Romans 8:11, Philippians 3:21, Daniel 2:12, I Corinthians 15: 12-58, Acts 24:15,
OLD UNION PRIMITIVE BAPTIST CHURCH
We, the members whose names are written in this book, believing in and holding to the faith once delivered to the saints; upon confession of faith and having been baptized by the authority of the church of God, do covenant together to keep house for the Lord, that we will observe all the ordinances as given to the church and follow the discipline as taught in His word, without respect of persons, and will not forsake the sacred principles taught in God’s word to please any man, but by the Grace of God we will seek to please Jesus the great head over all things to the church, our lawgiver, Judge, and King; and thus be His humble servants. We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together in the service of God unless we are providentially hindered. We will endeavor to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bonds of peace and consider one another, to provoke unto love and good works, to be sober and watch unto prayer; and withdraw ourselves from every brother that walks disorderly, warn the unruly, comfort the feeble minded, support the weak, and be patient toward all men, and not render evil for evil but endeavor to follow that which is good among ourselves and to all men. We will strive together for the things that make for peace and order in the house of God as taught in His word.
We will watch over one another for good and let brotherly love continue, and adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour with an orderly wait and Godly conversation and thus show forth the praise of Him who has called us out of darkness into His marvelous light.